Find out unique and better ways to create things with your Tiko.
BY LScott
Hey guys,

After a bit of toying around with settings within the Tiko in Simplify3D, and getting somewhat decent results (see attached album), I decided to share my Simplify3D profile. I've been posting some models on the Facebook group, and they seem to be ahead of

I still have some tinkering to do with regards to solving stringing issues and possibly print speed, but I seem to be free from layer shifts and other random flaws in the printing process. I'll periodically update this as I improve my print quality.

Profile: (Last updated 5/1/17)
Tiko.fff
Album:
https://goo.gl/photos/vVccfLHioiYKWaB66

EDIT (5/1/17): Profile is now updated to my most recent version.
Last edited by LScott on Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BY kenD
How do you send gcode to Tiko?
You generate Gcode in your slicer, and then simply drag the .gcode file to tiko like you would an stl file.
BY NHT
Need some help with those familiar with simplify3d.

Tried using the 2 .fff tiko profiles out there with no success.
Have been going through all the settings but having no luck.

Every time I slice the file & output the g-code -> Drop into the tiko interface.
The print is always outside the print area.

Is there an offset I am not seeing in simplify3d?
Seems like the start of print offset is way off.
BY NHT
Under Tools -> Options -> Machine Settings
What do those settings need to be?

I was under the impression S3D needed to have .707 * the build area.
So 125 * .707 = 88.3 for the build volume.
And half that for the origin.

What do the remainder of the settings need to be?
BY LScott
Under Tools -> Options -> Machine Settings
What do those settings need to be?

I was under the impression S3D needed to have .707 * the build area.
So 125 * .707 = 88.3 for the build volume.
And half that for the origin.

What do the remainder of the settings need to be?
My profile configures it in the Process settings, as I have a couple printers and don't want to mess around with the settings every time I want to print on the other one. It could also be the location of the part perhaps? Try centering the part in Simplify3D.

You want 0,0,0 right smack in the center of the build plate.
It should be as follows: (This is from the auto setup of a Tiko from Simplify3D.)
  • Build Volume (x/y/z) : 88.4/88.4/125.0
  • Origin Offset (x/y/z): 44.2/44.2/0.0
  • Homing Dir (x/y/z): Center/Center/Max
  • Flip Build Table Axis (x/y/z): No/Yes/No
BY NHT
Yeah all my settings already match up with those.

Yeah its centered on the plate.
Still not working when I try and dump the .stl file to tiko.

Any other ideas?

Cura takes the file and works fine when I push it to the tiko.

Not sure whats up with S3D?
BY dspeers
I haven't seen that with my vanilla setup. Have you tried different models?

I've used both the default Tiko profile that S3D provides, as well as LScott's, and I haven't see the problem with the model being offset. (Of course, I haven't been able to successfully print from these profiles yet, but that's another matter.)
BY dspeers
When I print with gcode created by S3D I can never get the print to adhere to the print bed. The nozzle is too high. I've tried messing with the gcode settings in the process, changing the z-axis offset in 0.05 increments from -0.05 to -0.25, and this does not appear to be doing anything.

This is only with automatic leveling. I tried it with manual leveling once and it froze. The only way I was able to get Tiko to print again was to unplug it for a bit.

I'll keep fiddling with other settings, there are a few others that look like they might affect this (like "origin offset" for the z-axis), but if anyone has some specific advice that'd be great.