Find out unique and better ways to create things with your Tiko.
BY ghostndragon
Hey, now that several of you have found WIT profiles that work really well, could you post them here, please? Also, please comment on what types of prints seem to benefit from the WIT profile, or make any other appropriate comments, such as your Tiko's preferred working temp range for the included blue GEM (that might help people determine which settings might fit their machine best). THANK YOU for all the patient experimentation you have done!

A WIT profile by Pratyeka can be found here: viewtopic.php?p=5503#p5503

Key settings for a WIT profile by 3Dartistry can be found here: viewtopic.php?p=5490#p5490
Last edited by ghostndragon on Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BY ghostndragon
I could, but if they want to make comments on their profiles, they'd have to post again since they can't modify my posts to comment directly comment there. I'll edit my first post to include links to posts that I'm aware of that have WIT settings. Thanks for the input.
BY boyorastroboy
I've had good luck with lubricating the bearings and rails with liquid silicone with a brush. These are my settings (I believe they are stock):

BY Pratyeka
Here is the WIT profile I'm currently using with EasyFill PLA white filament to print any models.
Screenshot 2017-01-15 at 08.50.00.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BY 3Dartistry
Here are the high quality Tiko print settings that I've been using to print items such as those seen in the Favorite Prints forum thread "Fantastic Prints And Where To Find Them" thread. Rafts should be very easy to remove. If yours are not, reduce the temperature. If your extruder clicks loudly or fails to extrude consistently, raise the temperature.
Tiko-slow.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BY afranke
3Dartistry wrote:Here are the high quality Tiko print settings that I've been using to print items such as those seen in the Favorite Prints forum thread "Fantastic Prints And Where To Find Them" thread. Rafts should be very easy to remove. If yours are not, reduce the temperature. If your extruder clicks loudly or fails to extrude consistently, raise the temperature.Tiko-slow.png

What temp, thickness, and infill density are you using with this?
BY alfredjimenez
I don't have a WIT profile yet that works well for me but I have printed a lot, mostly calibration objects and changed a lot of settings and I have found that many don't do much (I don't know what I am doing yet so, maybe my tweaking is a waste). But I have found that Temp & Travel Speed do make a difference but, Infill Speed, Interior Shell Speed, Middle & Exterior Shell Speeds, and Retraction Length do not make much of a difference but setting them to an extreme does create some nice blobs of filament :D.

The knobs to tweak for me are:

Temperature
Layer Thickness = 0.20 or lower for detailed objects and 0.30+ for block/solid objects
Travel Speed = slower for detailed objects, faster for block/solid objects

Tweaking anything else is risky and I first try on Demo object or small calibration object (but I am getting tired of printing those).

Asking those in the know, since I am new at this, does this make sense?
BY Pratyeka
You are on your way to become a proficient Tiko printer. Using a small test model to test settings is how I learned everything about this printer, it takes time and planning, and it helps taking notes.