General Tiko-related discussion.
BY Pratyeka
Test cube printed near perfect. Some "Z" wobble, so now printing the Z wobble fix for the prusa. Next will be a spool holder.
Meanwhile the Tiko is printing the last little pieces of the Thunderbird 3...
BY Mhammack
Looks like many of us have moved on to other much better printers. I upgraded to a Monoprice Maker Select V2.1. It is amazing! Putting it together and leveling the bed took me all of 30 - 60 minutes. I have already printed several items, and everything has turned out perfect! It's just crazy how nice it is having a good working printer instead of constantly crossing my fingers that filament will even extrude on the Tiko. Plus this new printer forced me to download and learn Cura, and oh man is it amazing compared to the WIT with Tiko. Anyhow, congrats to everyone on their new machines and success. Not sure what I'm going to do with my Tiko now...
BY alfredjimenez
Not sure what I'm going to do with my Tiko now...
I have also had a lot of success with my Prusa i3 clone, but I also now have gotten my Tiko issues resolved. I am NOT satisfied with the quality of my Tiko prints, but since I have it working I will use if for specific small prints.

I have found that now that it is working it can serve that purpose but it is very particular about what you send it. So I will baby sit it, and be careful what I print with it to minimize filament waste.

Al
BY DiceCaller
I'd like to try this out as my next printer... http://apis-cor.com/en/3d-printer

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Max. operation area 132 m²
Max. height from a single point 3100 mm
Output 100 m2 of effective area per 24 hours
Working movement speed 1 – 10 m/min
Idling speed X/ Y 20.000 mm/min
Positioning precision ±0,5 mm
Repeated positioning precision 0,1–0,2 mm
X / Y / Z axis drive servodrive
X / Y axis linear guides precision profile
Z axis positioning precision 0,1-0,2 mm
Automatic horizontal stabilization High-precision inclinometer 0.0001 degree
Reverse switches non-contact on all axes
Extrusion head position tracking gyroscope and laser rangefinder
Spatial stabilization PID controller

In reality, while I like what I am seeing with CoreXY, I will probably go with another delta / Kossel clone.
BY CravenA
I have been avid follower of this forum and this thread for quite a while. I confess to being a lurker here more than a contributor. It seemed that every time I had an insight or a question, I'd come to this site to find it already revealed and/or answered. I've applied the insights and answers I found here as much as I could with the resources at hand, with the result that my Tiko keeps stumbling along. To date, the only mods I've applied are the application of lithium to rails and joints and lots of settings adjustments
I recognize that Tiko is a frail beastie and I have been looking for a replacement. Some comments earlier in this thread lead me to the Anycubic Kossel Linear Plus https://www.amazon.com/Anycubic-Upgrade ... B01MD2P7T7
Or
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32567194845.html
So, two questions, if I may. Firstly, does anyone have any experience/knowledge of this model? Secondly, what has been your experience with AliExpress in terms of reliability?
BY Preston Bannister
Well, my (not fully debugged) Tiko broke. (Two of the rail clips broke for one motor/arm.) I hacked together a repair using a bent loop of wire ... which mostly worked, but not quite well enough. Punted.

So my "next printer" is a Monoprice Maker Select Plus - basically a clone of the Prusa i3 mk2. Started a print two hours after the box arrived - and it worked. Need to become better acquainted with Cura.

I might print replacements for the frame with the broken rail clips, and try to resurrect the Tiko. Maybe, eventually. Rather interested in RootCNC or the like for the next project. After ... the print speeds for delta printers (like Tiko, except working) are very impressive.

Since the topic is "My next printer...". :)